Friday, September 26, 2008

The NFL Blog: Power Rankings (After Week 3)




Power Rankings After Week 3

1. Dallas 3-0 (1st)
2. Philadelphia 2-1 (3rd)
3. San Diego 1-2 (4th)
4. Pittsburgh 2-1 (2nd)
5. Denver 3-0 (8th)
6. Green Bay 2-1 (5th)
7. Indianapolis 1-2 (6th)
8. New York Giants 3-0 (7th)

-Previous week’s ranking in parenthesis;

Out: none;

Explanation: For the first time this season no team fell out of my top 8. The Cowboys are again my top team after their convincing win over the Packers at Lambeau. I moved the Eagles up a slot to 2nd after their win at home over the Steelers, who had previously been ranked 2nd. Even though the Steelers merely lost on the road to the team then ranked 3rd in my power rankings, I dropped them to 4th due to the apparent significant injury to Willie Parker and the continuous pounding that Ben Roethlisberger’s already injured shoulder is taking. I moved the Chargers up to #3 after they finally broke out with a real good showing, destroying the Packers on Monday night. Although I still have some serious reservations about the Denver defense, I moved the Broncos all the way up to 5th from the number 8 spot because of the performances of the 3 teams ranked directly in front of them. I dropped the Packers a spot to 6th because while their loss did come to the best team in the NFL right now, they lost by double digits at home. I dropped the Colts a spot to 7th after their last second loss to the Jags. They played well enough to win and the Jags are a good team, but the Colts are now 0-2 at home, and Jacksonville came into the game winless on the year. I still think the Colts are going to find themselves at some point, however, so I only dropped them a spot. I dropped the Giants a spot from 7th to 8th because they needed overtime to beat an 0-2 Bengals team at home. And now some of the old character issues are resurfacing, with stud WR Plaxico Burress being suspended by the team for insubordination.

No comments: