Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The College Football Blog: Week 2 Betting Lines


Last Week: Vs. Spread (5-5); Moneyline Upsets (2-0)
Season: Vs. Spread (5-5); Moneyline Upsets (2-0)

Week 1 Review: I thought I’d well last week but in the end I only broke even. My 2 upsets (Vandy and Kentucky) came through however.

Week 2 Preview: Though we have 100% more info than last week, I think I’m even more confused going into week 2. Plus most of the spreads are large and I feel like those are harder to predict. Anyway, here are my 10 games plus a moneyline upset.

Note: From now on I’m just going to use Covers.com for spreads. Bodog takes too damn long to put spreads out.

Thursday

Game 1: South Carolina (-10) @ Vandy
Pick: South Carolina covers
Comment: Spurrier won’t lose twice in a row to Vandy and 10 points isn’t a lot.

Saturday

Game 2: Miami (OH) (+14) @ Michigan
Pick: Michigan covers
Comment: Look, Michigan is down, but Vandy just spanked the Redhawks, 34-13, in Oxford. And Michigan can’t afford to sleep through games like this anymore.

Game 3: Marshall (+21) @ Wisconsin
Pick: Wisconsin covers
Comment: I really have nothing to say here other than that 21 points doesn’t seem like too much.

Game 4: Southern Miss (+17.5) @ Auburn
Pick: Southern Miss beats the spread
Comment: Auburn is a little banged up and shaky on offense. I think they’ll win by exactly 17.

Game 5: Cincinnati (+21) @ Oklahoma
Pick: Oklahoma covers
Comment: Oklahoma should win this by 5 or 6 TD’s.

Game 6: SD St. (+22) @ Notre Dame
Pick: Notre Dame covers
Comment: San Diego State just lost to Cal Poly at home and ND will be looking to show off in their opener.

Game 7: Miss (+8) @ Wake Forrest
Pick: Wake covers
Comment: I think Wake my be by far the best team in the ACC.

Game 8: Oregon St. (+16) @ Penn St.
Pick: PSU covers
Comment: Oregon State just lost by 8 at Stanford.

Game 9: Miami (+21.5) @ Florida
Pick: Miami beats the spread
Comment: The Canes have won 6 straight against the Gators.

Game 10: Texas Tech (-10) @ Nevada
Pick: Texas Tech covers
Comment: I don’t know, 10 points just seems low.

Moneyline Special

There’s only one this week and I don’t have any real reason to go with it other than a gut feeling.

Temple over Connecticut: Temple is a 7 point dog but just beat Army 35-7. Last season Temple should have beaten the Huskies but got ripped off on a blown TD call with 40 seconds left. Just a hunch, like I said.

No comments: