Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The College Football Blog: Power Rankings (After Week 1)


A Note About the Power Rankings: These rankings are based purely on which team I think would win a head to head matchup on a neutral field. If you read my preseason report, this is exactly like the Power 15 but with 3 fewer teams and I update it weekly during the season.
-Previous week’s ranking in parenthesis;

Power Rankings After Week 1

1. Florida 1-0 (1st)
2. Oklahoma 1-0 (3rd)
3. USC 1-0 (5th)
4. Georgia 1-0 (2nd)
5. Ohio State 1-0 (4th)
6. West Virginia (6th)
7. Auburn (7th)
8. LSU (11th)
9. Missouri (8th)
10. Texas (NR)
11. USF (10th)
12. Penn St. (NR)

Out: Tennessee (12th); Clemson (9th).
Next Three: South Carolina, Texas Tech, Alabama
Note: Penn State was ranked 13th in Preseason Power 15.

Explanation: I moved Oklahoma and USC over Georgia because their debuts were so much more impressive. I held Ohio State back because of the injury to Beanie Wells. Auburn and West Virginia held serve in my opinion. I didn’t know what to expect from LSU because of the QB situation but they looked great so I moved them up 3 spots. Missouri beat Illinois but gave up a ton of points so I moved them back. I thought Texas was overrated coming in but they throttled a decent FAU team and broke into my top 10. I moved them ahead of USF. Penn State moved up a spot with Tennessee and Clemson gone.

No comments: