Monday, October 5, 2009

The College Football Blog: 2009 Week 6 Betting Lines

Last Week: Vs. Spread (6-3-1); Moneyline Upsets (1-2)
Season: Vs. Spread (22-27-1); Moneyline Upsets (5-6)

Week 5 Review: Finally a winning week against the spread. But of course last week I went only 1-2 on moneyline upsets.

Week 6 Preview: This is another week of mediocre matchups. I’m taking a lot of underdogs.

Thursday

Game 1: Nebraska (-3) @ Missouri
Pick: Nebraska covers
Comment: Missouri is 22-2 in their last 24 home games. Nebraska is just 2-7 in their last 9 road games. But I liked Nebraska going into the season and I thought Missouri would struggle. Both teams are coming off of bye weeks. I’m sticking with my preseason instincts and taking the Cornhuskers to win by more than a field goal.

Saturday

Game 2: Auburn (-3) @ Arkansas
Pick: Auburn covers
Comment: Arkansas is just 2-8 in SEC play under Bobby Petrino. I’m picking Auburn to win their 2nd straight on the road by more than a FG.

Game 3: Boston College (+13.5) @ Virginia Tech
Pick: Boston College beats the spread
Comment: I’m still not 100% sold on VT. Will the Hokies think this is a big game or a not-so big game? I think BC stays within 10 or so.

Game 4: Wisconsin (+13.5) @ Ohio State
Pick: Wisconsin beats the spread
Comment: Wisconsin is a fraud but this is a fairly big spread.

Game 5: Alabama (-6.5) @ Ole Miss
Pick: Ole Miss beats the spread
Comment: As bad as Mississippi looked against South Carolina a few weeks ago, I need to see it again before I completely write them off. Bama has won 5 straight and 13 of 15 against the Rebs, but lately it’s been very close. I think the Tide wins but by less than a TD.

Game 6: Oregon (-6.5) @ UCLA
Pick: UCLA beats the spread
Comment: Everybody is jumping on the Duck band wagon but they’ve played only once on the road this season and they lost that game. UCLA is 13-4 this decade ATS as a home underdog. I like the Bruins to keep it very close.

Game 7: Florida (-8.5) @ LSU
Pick: LSU beats the spread
Comment: With the Tebow situation a bit up in the air, I don’t see how this spread is more than a TD. This game is in Baton Rouge right?

Game 8: Michigan (+8) @ Iowa
Pick: Michigan beats the spread
Comment: Neither team is all that good. Iowa may win but not by more than a TD.

Game 9: Georgia (+2) @ Tennessee
Pick: Georgia beats the spread
Comment: The Dawgs better win this one. That’s all I can say.

Game 10: Arizona (-2.5) @ Washington
Pick: Washington beats the spread
Comment: This spread surprises me. I know Arizona is coming off of a bye but they haven’t been the best road team. I like Washington.

Moneyline Special

Georgia Tech over Florida State: I can’t figure these teams out so I’m just poking in the dark here and coming up with Tech winning as a 2.5 point dog on the road.

Mississippi State over Houston: The Maroon Dogs are 2.5 point underdogs at home against the Cougars this week. Houston’s bubble burst last week in a loss at UTEP. Mississippi State hasn’t won much yet but they’re getting better. I like Miss State to win it.

Colorado State over Utah: This is my stunner of the week. The Rams are 7 point underdogs at home against the Utes this week. This is just a hunch; as Utah is coming off of a bye, but they’re due to lose a game in the conference when they aren’t supposed to.

No comments: