Thursday, October 4, 2012

The NFL Blog: 2012 Week 5 Betting Lines



Last Week: Vs. Spread: (11-4); Straight Up: (10-5)
Season: Vs. Spread: (37-24-2); Straight Up: (35-28)

Week 4 Review: It was a successful week for me in the pros. Too bad I can’t get both CFB and NFL rolling together. One of the strange things about my record to this point is that I’ve been slightly better ATS than I have been picking winners straight up. 


Week 5 Preview: There are just 14 games this week, as 4 teams take their bye. Despite the smaller schedule, we’ve got an interesting slate of games ahead of us. The week opens with 1 of the 3 remaining undefeated teams playing on Thursday night and ends with another undefeated team playing on Monday. On Sunday night winless New Orleans is actually favored at home against the 3-1 Chargers. 

The most interesting matchup of the early games this Sunday is the Battle of Pennsylvania with Philly visiting Pittsburgh. In the later portion of the Sunday schedule we get the annual Manning vs. Brady game, only this time it’ll be New England vs. Denver. 

As for me, I know I say this all the time, but I have a feeling that this week could end in disaster. I’m not taking a single underdog to win straight up; that seems unlikely to happen. I’m also taking 11 of 14 favorites ATS, including 6 on the road. Overall, I’m taking 9 of the 14 road teams to cover. 


Thursday Night’s Game


Arizona (-1) @ St. Louis
Pick: Cards cover


Sunday’s Early Games 


Atlanta (-3) @ Washington
Pick: Falcons cover


Philadelphia (+3.5) @ Pittsburgh
Pick: Steelers win but Eagles beat the spread


Green Bay (-7) @ Indianapolis
Pick: Packers cover


Cleveland (+9.5) @ New York Giants
Pick: Giants cover


Miami (+4) @ Cincinnati
Pick: Bengals cover


Baltimore (-5) @ Kansas City
Pick: Ravens cover




Sunday’s Late Games


Seattle (+3) @ Carolina
Pick: Panthers win but Seahawks beat the spread


Chicago (-5.5) @ Jacksonville
Pick: Bears cover


Denver (+6.5) @ New England
Pick: Patriots cover


Buffalo (+10) @ San Francisco
Pick: Niners cover


Tennessee (+6) @ Minnesota
Pick: Vikings cover


Sunday Night’s Game


San Diego (+3.5) @ New Orleans
Pick: Saints win but Chargers beat the spread


Monday Night’s Game


Houston (-9) @ New York Jets
Pick: Texans cover







No comments: