Friday, October 31, 2008

The College Football Blog: Week 10 Betting Lines

Last Week: Vs. Spread (7-3); Moneyline Upsets (1-2)
Season: Vs. Spread (43-46-1); Moneyline Upsets (9-13)

Week 9 Review: After a couple of bad weeks, I rebounded in week 9, going 7-3 ATS after a 3-7 week 8. Regrettably, I did pick Kentucky to beat the 23-point spread against Florida, but nobody’s perfect.

Week 10 Preview: I’ve got no plan this week because I’m making these selections at the last minute.

Saturday
Game 1: Auburn (+6.5) @ Mississippi
Pick: Auburn beats the spread.
Comment: I know Auburn is bad; I watched them play the second half against West Virginia. But this is in conference. I think they’ll keep it close.

Game 2: Tulsa (-7) @ Arkansas
Pick: Tulsa covers.
Comment: Ordinarily I’d go with the SEC team at home against any non-BCS school but not this year.

Game 3: Kentucky (+2.5) @ Mississippi State
Pick: Kentucky beats the spread.
Comment: I’m calling for a Wildcat rebound.

Game 4: Missouri(-21) @ Baylor
Pick: Missouri covers.
Comment: The Tigers have done fine against the weak teams on their schedule.

Game 5: Arkansas State (+23.5) @ Alabama
Pick: Alabama covers.
Comment: The #2 team in the country should beat Arkansas State by at least 24 points at home.

Game 6: FSU (+2.5) @ Georgia Tech
Pick: FSU beats the spread.
Comment: I like Tech…and I like ‘em to lose!!! (Buck Belue)

Game 7: Washington (+46) @ USC
Pick: Washington beats the spread.
Comment: Plus 46! I’m pretty sure USC will cover, I just have to pick against them out of principle.

Game 8: Texas (-3.5) @ Texas Tech
Pick: Texas covers.
Comment: I like Texas by way more than 3.5.

Game 9: Tennessee (+5.5) @ South Carolina
Pick: Tennessee beats the spread.
Comment: I think the Vols will stay within a field goal of the Gamecocks.

Game 10: Arizona State (+15.5) @ Oregon State
Pick: Arizona State beats the spread.
Comment: I keep thinking ASU can’t be that bad but maybe they are.

Moneyline Specials

I went 1-2 last week, finally breaking the oh-for streak that had reached 5 straight. This week I’m just picking one moneyline upset.

Pittsburgh over Notre Dame: The Panthers are 4.5 point dogs on the road against the Child Molesters this week and they probably should be. I’d just like to see the Wanstash upset Fat Charlie’s boys.

No comments: