Friday, January 11, 2013

The College Basketball Blog: 2012-2013 Season Predictions



2012-2013 College Basketball Predictions

Note about This Year’s Predictions 

By now, all of you imaginary readers know that there are a few things that I love to do. I love to rank teams. I love to give out my own personal awards. And I love to make predictions. As long as I’ve been doing this blog (and for several years before that) I’ve been making college basketball season predictions in some form or another. 

Unfortunately, due to a variety of reasons, my predictions this year will be on a much, much smaller scale than I’ve done previously. I just have not had the time to go through the process of making my usual exhaustive predictions. At this point, with conference schedules underway, it really doesn’t make any sense for me to do a full version of predictions. It wouldn’t be worth the time or effort. 

So for the past week or so I’ve been trying to come up with a super-simplified version of predictions that wouldn’t be a total waste of whatever it is that makes up letters on a computer screen (and I honestly haven’t a clue). 

I have settled on predicting the teams in the Sweet Sixteen, Elite Eight, Final Four, Finals, and the National Champion. So here it is.


Sweet Sixteen 

Butler
Duke
North Carolina State
Syracuse
Louisville
Kansas
Kansas State
Memphis
Creighton
Arizona
Missouri
Florida
Kentucky
Gonzaga
Michigan
Indiana 


Elite Eight 

Duke
Syracuse
Louisville
Arizona
Florida
Kentucky
Michigan
Indiana 


Final Four 

Duke
Syracuse
Florida
Michigan 


Finals 

Duke
Florida 


National Champion 

Florida

No comments: