Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Hockey (Yes, Hockey) Blog: Playoff Predictions

I probably don't have to tell any of you reading this that I no next to nothing about Hockey but just for fun I decided to post some predictions for the Stanley Cup playoffs. Since I don't know very much I sometimes just went with whatever team I was pulling for. I'm a little concerned because I know that the top seeds often get ousted early in hockey but I ended up with #1 vs. #2 in both conference finals. I think Carolina might upset NJ and Washinton might get knocked out early but other wise I'm confident. Here goes nothing.



2009 NHL Stanley Cup Playoff Predictions


Eastern Conference

First Round

#1 Boston over #8 Montreal (4-2)
#2 Washington over #7 New York Rangers (4-3)
#3 New Jersey over #6 Carolina (4-3)
#4 Pittsburgh over #5 Philadelphia (4-3)

Semifinals

#1 Boston over #4 Pittsburgh (4-2)
#2 Washington over #3 New Jersey (4-2)

Finals

#1 Boston over #2 Washington (4-1)

Western Conference

First Round

#1 San Jose over #8 Anaheim (4-2)
#2 Detroit over #7 Columbus (4-0)
#6 St. Louis over #3 Vancouver (4-3)
#4 Chicago over #5 Calgary (4-1)

Semifinals

#1 San Jose over #6 St. Louis (4-1)
#2 Detroit over #4 Chicago (4-3)

Finals

#1 San Jose over #2 Detroit (4-3)

Stanley Cup Finals

#1 San Jose over #1 Boston (4-3)

No comments: